Estimator | Project Manager
• Responsible for the preparation of estimates. Will work closely with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors and others.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required; meticulous attention to detail.
• Review plans and specifications, attend pre-bid meetings, determine the scope of work and required contents of the estimate.
• Prepare estimates by calculating various statistical data, prepare quantity takeoff, labor and material pricing and equipment costs.
• Create, send and manage subcontractor and material supplier requests for pricing.
• Review design options and recommend the best solution based on cost, quality or availability of materials.
• Interpret project plans and specifications.
• Effectively present information to top management and public groups.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations; calculate mathematical extensions. Must have good knowledge of geometric formulas and equations required to calculate quantities in performing quantity takeoffs and estimating.
• Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, in addition to a general understanding of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing.
• Organize, manage, process and complete all payment applications and other reports in a timely manner.
• Must posses an excellent knowledge of estimating and scheduling software, internet and project management software, spreadsheet and word processing software.
• Frequently work within tight time restraints to quickly place bids on jobs or help determine the cost feasibility.
• Develop and maintain relationships with owners and architects.
• Responsible for the overall project including cost, schedule, quality, safety and promoting a good relationship with the client.
• Write subcontract and material purchase order agreements using the company’s standard forms; track and monitor the issuance and return in a contract log.
• Create a computerized schedule with assistance from the superintendent, subcontractors and material suppliers, with regular updates.
• Use the company’s computer system, records, files, and programs for estimating and project management, Microsoft Windows and other programs as needed.
• Must posess a valid driver license.
• Must be able to read and speak English.
• Kingery Construction Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• All employees are subject to pre-employment drug and physical health screen.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field such as engineering or construction, or five years of experience management and estimating experience.
View Full Job Description →